Ice Hockey as a Hobby
Do you love playing ice hockey all the time? Well ice hockey is definitely becoming one of the favorite hobbies of so many people all around the world. Before you make your mind to opt ice hockey as your hobby, just read out some interesting facts about this sports! Let's have a look!
• The origin of ice hockey has been all derived from murky, at the best. It was played for the very first time in French and Irish as far back as the 1700s. It has been reported that this sport was invented in the mid-1800s when Canadians with homemade sticks would skate on top of the frozen ponds in Ontario.
• The very first organized indoor hockey game was played on March, 1875, in Montreal's Victoria Skating Rink between nine players.
• The National Hockey League (NHL) was founded on November, 1917.
• In the ice hockey, the diameter of hockey is about three inches.
• In the history of ice hockey, the fastest slapshot on record is by the side of Bobby Hull's that was about 118 miles per hour.
• It is to be mentioned that the standard North American ice rink is 200 feet long and 85 feet wide.
• The Ice Hockey Hall of Fame is located in Toronto, Ontario.
• The very first hockey puck that was used in the outdoor games was in the 1800s that was made from the frozen cow dung.
So, these have been few of the interesting and best facts related to ice hockey and how really it was actually originated. Are you ready to make ice hockey as your hobby right from now onwards?